Sasha presented first results on simulation of compton events. We agreed to use as default parameters for benchmarking the following:
- energy: 3.5 J for the design choice, 0.35 J for the "phase-0" choice
- crossing angle: 0.3 radians
- focus in x-y-direction: 10 um
- length: 35 fs
- transverse width: 5um (in x and y)
- longitudinal size: 80 fs (keep fixed)
Sasha will use these as defaults for the classic compton emulation. And, we hope that Tony can also prepare MC events for this set of parameters.
Florian presented the updated layout.
- He included estimates for distances between the various elements, and to first order it seems to fit into the beam dump hall area.
- We realized that for the egamma and gammagamma setup the focus point is the same, it is always the laser IP, regardless of whether they are converted to a photon before or not.
- We need a CAD-design in 3D to understand the dimensions and feasibilities, e.g. where the beam dump can be etc.
There are minutes attached to this event.