European XFEL Virtual user information meeting - 8th call for proposals, call for protein crystal proposals and call for expressions of interest in long-term proposals
The 8th regular call for proposals at European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Facility (European XFEL) is open until Friday 03 December 2021 16:00 (local Hamburg/Schenefeld time – Central European Time CET) for all 6 European XFEL scientific instruments currently in operation.
- In the framework of the regular call in the user portal UPEX, standard configurations for the FXE, MID and HED instruments are introduced.
- A specific call for Protein Crystal Screening (PCS) proposals is also open at SPB/SFX in UPEX, with the same deadline as the regular call.
- A separate call for expressions of interest in long-term proposals is also under way in the same time frame.
Refer to the complete call announcement for details on how to apply.
A virtual information meeting on these calls was hosted by the European XFEL User Organization Executive Committee (UOEC) on 03 November 2021.
All prospective proposers are encouraged to attend!
Based on your feedback from previous virtual user information meetings, the agenda of this meeting has been modified to leave more space to your questions, with a 1-hour Q&A session, after a series of 5-minute flash presentations on status of the six operating instruments. Instead, you are encouraged to check out the status of each instrument.
Moderators: Allen Orville (Diamond Light Source, UK) and Maria Naumova (DESY Hamburg, Germany), European XFEL User Organization Executive Committee
1. Welcome (Robert Feidenhans’l, Managing Director)
2. Facility update (10 mins) (Serguei Molodtsov, Scientific Director)
3. What is new in the open calls for proposals (10 mins) (Sakura Pascarelli, Scientific Director)
4. Update on Data Operation Center (DOC), Detector-calibration, Data-pipeline and Real-time data visualization topics (10 mins) (Steve Aplin, Science Support Data Department)
5. Short updates from each instrument, focused on run 202202 (5 mins each)
- SPB/SFX (Adrian Mancuso)
- HED (Ulf Zastrau)
- MID (Anders Madsen)
- SCS (Andreas Scherz)
- SQS (Michael Meyer)
- FXE (Chris Milne)
6. Open for questions (60 minutes)
In addition to the above panelists, Katerina Dörner (Sample Environment and Characterization group) will be available for questions on the call for Protein Crystal Screening Proposals.
Participants are invited to send their questions in advance of the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org or type in their question at any time in the Q&A tool of Zoom during the event.
Pleaser refer to the EuXFEL Virtual meetings privacy notice.