Key Parts of the new RTM backplane in MicroTCA.4
Learn the key parts to get RTM backplane running in a MTCA.4 systems:
- rear transition module for MCH with connection to RTM backplane
- rear power module connected to RTM backplane
- management of the rear power modules
- management of µRTMs connected to front AMCs
- management of µRTMs connected to front AMCs and RTM backplane
- management of eRTMs with only connection to RTM backplane
Desy and industrial partners extend MicroTCA.4 by integrating a RTM backplane behind the MTCA backplane. In the PICMG MTCA.4 hardware workgroup the mechanics and management extensions are prepared for standardization.
This presentation shows how
- the needed differential power i.e. +7,-7 Volt is produced and connected to the RTM backplane
- to manage this power and how e-keying is implemented
- to manage beside the µRTMs with optional RF connector also the eRTMs (eRTMs are not connected to any front AMC)
- how to manage a minimal configuration with just one eRTM but no additional power
After listening to this presentation you will have a status update of the standardization of RF in MTCA.4 in the PICMG hardware working group and about the available hard- and software components.