The CASPAR School in brief
The aim of the School is to give to PhD students and young Postdoctoral Researchers in the field of Astroparticle physics the opportunity of becoming familiar with a selection of software tools currently in use in their research area.
The attendance is limited to about 16 students. There is no fee. Accommodation and lunches are provided by the School. During the last day we plan to have short presentations by the students and a few topic-related discussion sessions.
Hands-on activities as well as introductory-level lectures will focus on the following topics:
- Galactic Cosmic Rays
- - propagate nuclei, leptons, anti-matter from standard astrophysical and dark-matter sources
- Ultra-High-Energy Cosmic Rays
- - simulate UHECR spectrum, composition and anisotropy for different source and magnetic field models
- Dark Matter calculations
- - generate spectra from dark-matter decay or annihilation
- Diffuse Emissions
- - calculate gamma-ray, neutrino and synchrotron maps