TeVPA 2018, Berlin
TRAVEL TO BERLIN
There are two airports in Berlin: Schönefeld Airport (SXF) and Tegel Airport (TXL).
- From TXL there is a direct bus connection to the LVH:
TXL Bus leaves every 10 minutes, a 24 min ride, stop: "Charite Campus Mitte"
- Taxitransfer: TXL: about 20 minutes, SXF: about 60 minutes
From the Central Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) it is
- a 10-15 minutes walk,
- or a short bus ride (4 min), stop: "Charité Campus Mitte"
- bus TXL - direction S+U Alexenderplatz or
- bus 147 - direction U-Märkisches Museum)
Please note, that no free parking places will be available. Also chargeable parking places are very rare.
TRAVEL IN BERLIN
Bus, Tram, Underground, S-Bahn, Train - will get you through the city 24 hours a day, 7days a week.
- Find your conncection here.
- Find a map of S-Bahn and Underground here.
There are plenty cabs all over the city.
Prices: entry: 3,90 EURO and per kilometer: 1,50 EURO - 2,00 EURO
- Taxi Funk Berlin, english hotline: +49 (0)30 20 20 21 220
- Funk Taxi Berlin, english hotline: +49 (0)30 26 10 26
- Würfelfunk, +49 (0)30 21 01 01
There are a plenty bikerental stations all over the city. Average costs: 10,00 - 15,00 EURO/day.
We can recommend:
Phone: 030 848 579 78
Price: about 40,00 €/week (7 days)
Mo-Fr 10:00–19:30 | Sa 10:00–18:00 | Sun 10:00–16:00
TRAVEL TO DESY, ZEUTHEN
Small Workshops around the conference
DESY | Platanenallee 6 | 15738 Zeuthen
Small workshops before and after the conference can be organized at DESY in Zeuthen. In case of interest in this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach DESY, Zeuthen.
Berlin is the capitol of Germany and has about 3.5 million residents. It pulsates 24/7 and hostes up to 180 nationalities. Each district has something worth seeing. Berlin offers a wide variety of attractions, from Zoo to Tierpark, from Tiergarten to Mauerpark, from street musician over theater to opera, and much more.
Don't miss these famous places.
2. Event Calendar
3. Restaurants around Berlin
Restaurant map with key: Restaurants
3. Beer gardens
Also, for a nice cold beer check out the Biergarten!
4. For biking
We recommend "Berlin Wall bike tour" or other tours through BERLIN
Starts: every time by yourself
Length: 5.7 kilometres/ 3.5 miles
Webpage: "Berlin Wall"
Webpage for other tours: bike tours