The Terascale alliance Monte Carlo school (April 9-13) at DESY Hamburg is designed for master/PhD students and young postdocs.
The tentative programme comprises lectures and a tutorial:
- Introduction (Hard scattering, matrix element, Parton showers, Sudakov form factor, underlying event (QCD radiation and MPI) and hadronization, weighting, integration, phase space, random numbers, veto,...)
- NLO and higher-order calculations
- Parton shower matching at NLO
- Parton branching and evolution equation
- Theory uncertainties
- MC-data tuning and validation
During the hands-on tutorial you will learn how Monte Carlo methods can be applied and write a small program to evolve a parton density (forward evolution) using Sudakov form factors to finally obtain the pt-spectrum of Higgs boson.
Registration fee: 50 Euro (this includes all nutrition costs for coffee and cookies and the school dinner on one of the evenings. The fee is to be paid in cash during the registration).
H. Jung, J. Katzy, I. Melzer-Pellmann, Z. Nagy, J. Reuter