EDIT– Excellence in Detector and Instrumentation Technologies - is a school series under the auspices of ICFA. Previous instances were CERN 2011, FNAL 2012, KEK 2013, Frascati 2015, FNAL 2018.
EDIT is devoted to young researchers, in their graduate studies or in their first year as post docs, seeking to acquire a deeper knowledge on the major aspects of detectors and instrumentation technologies for particle physics. The school comprises lectures and four courses with hands-on experiments, including beam tests, on silicon sensors, silicon systems,calorimetry and gas detectors.
EDIT-2020 will take place at DESY in Hamburg, Germany on February 17-28, 2020
Please scroll down for further information.
Lectures will be held on the first and last day of the school, and on every morining in-between. The courses start affter the morning lectures and last to the end of the day. The week-end is free for social activities.
- Detector Development at DESY Ties Behnke (DESY)
- Tracking: Basic principles Nick Styles (DESY)
- Calorimetry I-III Erika Garutti (Hamburg), Martin Aleksa (CERN), Katja Krüger (DESY)
- Particle Identification: Peter Krizan (Ljubljana)
- Silicon Detectors I-III: Doris Eckstein (DESY), Norbert Wermes (Bonn), Petra Riedler (CERN)
- Photodetectors: Wataru Ootani (Tokyo)
- Gaseous Detectors NN
- Cryogenic Noble Gas Detectors Stefan Söldner-Rembold (Manchester)
- Electronics and Signal Processing Christophe de La Taille (Palaiseau)
- Trigger and DAQ Hans-Christian Schultz Coulon (Heidelberg)
- Detectors: Great Concepts and Glorious Failures Ingrid-Maria Gregor (DESY / Bonn)
There are four paprallel courses, each lasting two days, after which stduents roatate. Follow the links to find leaflets with more information on the cources:
The registration fee is 150 Euro and covers coffee breaks, reception and dinner.
Affordable accommodation will be avialable at the DESY hostel; a block reservation has been made. Participants can book rooms after having received a a confiormation of accepatnce of their application.
For application, please use the form (link). The number of attendees is limited to 50, selected after review of the application and reference letters.
Deadline for applications: August 25, 2019
International Advisory Committee:
P. Burrows (Oxford), A.Cattai (CERN), L. Feld (Aachen), J.Incandela (S. Barbara), P. Krizan (Ljubljana), J.Mnich (DESY), W. Ootani (Tokyo), E. Ramberg (FNAL), H.-C. Schultz-Coulon (Heidelberg)
Local Organising Committee:
R. Diener, J. Dreyling-Eschweiler, D. Eckstein. I. Henning, I. Gregor, K. Krüger, I. Melzer-Pellmann, O. Schäfer, F. Sefkow (Chair), M.Stanitzki