The Wolfgang Pauli Centre for Theoretical Physics, a joint forum of the Universität Hamburg and DESY, organizes a three day Symposium on Theoretical Physics, which brings together leading international experts from different areas of physics, including condensed matter physics, atomic and molecular physics, cold atoms, chemical physics, etc.
This year's topics are:
- Quantum dynamics of many-body systems
- Theory of Condensed Matter
- Machine learning and quantum physics
The Symposium features the award ceremony for the Hamburg Prize for Theoretical Physics 2019 which is awarded to Prof. Matthias Troyer (Microsoft Research) in an award ceremony at the Planetarium on Nov 13, 2019. The Symposium is supported by the Joachim Herz Stiftung.
Travel Fellowships for Graduate Students
The Wolfgang Pauli Centre for Theoretical Physics encourages the participation of graduate students in the Symposium and therefore awards travel grants funded by the Joachim Herz Stiftung. Interested students should provide
- a brief curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages),
- a brief description of the current research project (max. 1/2 page), and,
- a letter of motivation why they want to attend the symposium (max. 1/2 page).
Please upload the material in one single pdf file here until 15 October 2019. The applicants will be notified until end of October 2019 the latest.
Local organizing committee
Alexander Lichtenstein, Volker Schomerus, Michael Thorwart