- +49 (0)40 8998 4557
Precision synchronization on femtosecond level for large scale XUV-photon facility is a complex task and touches multiple facets. It requires an in-depth analysis of the user’s requirement and a review of all critical subsystems involved. The goal of this mini-workshop is to come up with a convincing synchronization strategy for FLASH2020+.
For that, the synchronization mini-workshop should address the following items and questions:
- Build up a common knowledge ground on synchronization: sub-systems involved & influences.
- Where are we now, which upgrades are planned, what can be expect...
- Which instabilities and synchronization drifts have been understood, where are unknowns?
- Potential fundamental limitations, do we know them, are there mitigation paths?
- Additional requirements for new operation modes: Seeding & Attosecond Physics@FL2
- Which decisions/designs having large impacts on budgetary needs (budget optimization)
- Are there compromises between stability, system robustness and/or availability?
- Are there moon-shot experiments justifying larger invests for e.g. sub-1 fs synchronization?
Zoom-Meeting access: https://desy.zoom.us/j/2312362981
Meeting-ID: 231 236 2981