On Wednesday afternoon, we have a number of excursions on offer. For details, please see the following list and the corresponding web links.
If you wish to participate in one of the excursions, please choose the relevant one on the registration form. The number of participants on each excursion is limited and they will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Please also indicate your second choice.
The excursions will all start at 14.00h. Participants will be picked up by coach at the conference venue. Following the excursions, we would like to invite everybody to the DESY campus for an evening with a variety of musical entertainment and a buffet. Here, you have the chance for some good conversations with your colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere. Please indicate on the registration form, if you wish to attend this event.
We have chosen the following options to give you a wide spectrum of what Hamburg has to offer its visitors:
1. A tour of the Airbus manufacturing plant in Hamburg Finkenwerder
2. A tour of the container terminal Altenwerder in Hamburg's harbour
3. A Hamburg harbour tour (boat trip) - unfortunately, the site is only available in German
5. A visit to the Miniatur Wunderland (the world's largest model railway)
6. Classical city tour
7. Alternative city tour (this has a slightly different approach to the classical tour and is usually guided by non-professional city guides)
9. A boat trip on Hamburg's lake Alster and the canals
If you do not wish to take part in an organised excursion, you might want to take the time and explore the city on foot. Hamburg is also great for shopping!