It aims at providing education/support/guidance for essential tasks in physics analyses such as fitting parameters or setting limits.
The tentative programme comprises:
- Frederick James: Comprehensive Lectures on statistics for HEP data analyses:
- Basic concepts
- Point and interval estimation
- Hypothesis tests
- Goodness of fit tests
- Decision theory
- Applications (e.g. fits to histograms)
- RooStats/RooFit tutorial- Christian Autermann:
- Limits estimation lectures & tutorial
- Glen Cowan:
- Combination of measurements and limits- Andrea Valassi:
- Combination with emphasis on the BLUE method
Please take note: The school is followed on 30-31 March by a 2-days HistFitter Tutorial. More information coming soon!
Registration fee: 50 Euro (this includes all nutrition costs for coffee and cookies and the school dinner on one of the evenings. The fee is to be paid in cash during the registration).
New: Map of DESY and venues of the school: