This 2nd FELs of Europe workshop on FEL Photon Diagnostics, Instrumentation, and Beamlines Design will be held in Trieste from 8-10 June 201 at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP).
The workshop is a follow-up of the first one organised in 2010 at DESY, Hamburg (PhotonDiag2010), and the second in a planned biannual series.
It will focus on the these topics:
- Photon beam diagnostic techniques - measuring key properties of the FEL photon beam
- Time-related beam properties - temporal characterisation of electron, FEL, and laser beams
- FEL optics - challenges for ultra-short and ultra-intense pulses
- Photon beam transport - preserving the special properties of the FEL pulse
- Science instruments - meeting the special demands of experiments on FEL sources
- Detectors & data handling for FEL-based experiments - designs, challenges & perspectives