This workshop focuses on the description of the astrophysical sources of high-energy cosmic rays and neutrinos, taking into account that cosmic rays are potentially heavier nuclei at the highest energies as indicated by the Auger experiment. Naturally, the prime source candidates are of extragalactic origin, such as GRBs and AGNs.
The list of topics includes:
- Description of hadronic processes including nuclei
- Effect of nuclear cascades in GRBs and AGNs
- Multi-wavelength and multi-messenger models
- Multi-zone collision models
- Combined source-propagation models for cosmic rays
- Neutrino flux predictions from sources and propagation
- Review of numerical methods and available codes
Attendance by invitation only.