The Student Grant covers:
- Hotel Costs for students staying from 15 to 21.09.2019 (6 nights) in double rooms. NO extra nights will be covered. Students with additional nights are requested to pay them directly to the Hotel Reception desk during check out.
- Conference Fee (including food and drinks in the Hotel Hermitage)
- Travel Costs up to 500 EUR/600 USD
For the travel reimbursement, students are requested to buy travel tickets by themselves in advance and provide a copy of the invoice addressed to them. The invoice is mandatory to get the reimbursement.
If the Institute/University will cover the students travel costs, students can apply for the travel reimbursement only if they can provide us with an invoice and with a “Claim for Travel reimbursement Declaration” as an official confirmation about the student’s reimbursement to the home institute. The Reimbursement is possible only to bank accounts addressed to private persons; we cannot reimburse money to Institutes/Universities!
Procedure: For students travel reimbursement, the student in person must come to the Conference secretariat office at the EAAC2019 workshop and fill out a form sheet with some information. The reimbursement will be processed by DESY travel department and the amount will be transferred to the student’s bank account in due time (around 3-5 weeks for the DESY internal official procedure).
Students need to provide for us:
- Original travel tickets (Bus, Ferry, Flight, etc.) and the invoice for purchase (for flights - with the student’s name on it)
- Taxi costs are covered only if the student’s departure/arrival time is before 6:00 am. or after 23:00 pm.
- Visa receipts (if needed)
- For students from countries outside the Euro Monetary Union, we need a copy of ID with home address (it is a mandatory request by the bank).
- If an Institute has payed your travel ticket, please provide in advance the above mentioned “Claim for Travel reimbursement Declaration”. Nevertheless, we also need an invoice with the student’s name on it.