From November 16 to November 18, 2022, the international workshop GISAXS2022 will be held in Hamburg, Germany. It is a continuation of the very successful series of several international GISAXS workshops at DESY (in 2005, 2007, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019) and the satellite conferences to the SAS conference series in Hamburg (in 2009), in Kyoto (in 2012), in Nice (in 2015) and in Gyeongju (in 2018). This workshop brings together different communities working in the field of thin films, nanostructures, surfaces and interfaces, to gain insights to the very powerful method of grazing incidence small angle x-ray scattering and related techniques. In keynote and invited lectures the possibilities and new trends in GISAXS and GISANS will be highlighted with a special emphasis on real-time investigations and data analysis. As in all the years, we expect about 100 participants from all over the world.
Keynote and invited lectures will highlight the possibilities and new trends in GISAXS and GISANS. Poster sessions will allow for a profound discussion among the participants. For poster contributions, you are kindly asked to submit your abstract using the template on under Abstract submission. Only poster contributions with a submitted abstract can be accepted This workshop addresses students, experienced researchers, senior scientists working in the field of and exploiting the potentials of GISAXS and GISANS in the area of thin film technology
The program is divided in two parts: In the first part, introductory lectures will be combined with expert lectures by leading expert scientists of grazing incidence technology and application. In the second part of the workshop we will have hands-on GISAXS, focusing on on-line data treatment and simulation of GISAXS data. In addition, we will offer a visit to the new micro-and nano-focus beamline dedicated to GISAXS at the 3rd generation synchrotron radiation source PETRA III.
* Denise Erb, HZDR (D): " In-situ GISAXS observation of crystal surface reconstruction in Al2O3 "
* Alexander Hexemer, ALS (USA), " Data Driven Approaches & Machine learning " / Keynote
* Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, UPES (India): " An insitu Micro -GISAXS investigation of soft magnetic thin films grown on self-organized nanopatterned templates "
* Peter Müller-Buschbaum, TUM/MLZ (D): " Basic Introduction to GISAS "
* Torbjörn Pettersson, KTH (SWE): " tba "
* Guiseppe Portale, U Groningen (NL): " tba "
* Dorthe Posselt, DTU (DK): " tba " / Keynote
* Stephan V. Roth, DESY/KTH (D/SWE): " In‐situ grazing incidence x‐ray scattering "
* Tae-Joo Shin (KOR): " GIXS Techniques for Structural-Property Correlation Study of Energy-Related Materials " / Keynote
* Peng Zhang, SYSU (PRC): " Deciphering the structure-property correlation of PEDOT-based flexible thermoelectric with synchrotron light X-ray scattering
Abstract Deadline: to be announced soon
Organizers: P. Müller-Buschbaum (TU München), S.V. Roth (DESY & KTH)
For any assistance: M. Kreuzeder (firstname.lastname@example.org), C. Newiger