DAQ kick-off minutes
+ Several groups noted a need for a dedicated EUDAQ training/workshop
- Different to what we have in TDR? Maybe in detail, but perhaps not in spirit.
-> Federico thinks it is factor of 2. Alex: This is “raw” and reduction by factor of 2 is always possible doing zero suppression, etc. The numbers in the slides are conservative.
-> Open to do further online reduction. Standard libraries available to achieve this, but implementation/integration needed
- Data stream: mixture of slow control (environment) and data.
- Louis: What do you do with the data ? Alex: definitely archive, but looking at long-term drifts, damage, etc. correlating variables to know how best to run the laser. Data should be kept in database as re-analysis is needed. Software/database does not (yet) exist; assistance would be welcome.
- Need to follow up on different types of data: some deleted; some kept at time of data; some snapshots; etc.
- Not so much experience on large data sets and synchronisation.
- FELIX-TLU interface needs development (if we replicate the whole AlICE setup)
- Halina: use of FELIX ? Why needed when EUDAQ / TLU available ? Should be followed up.
- Functioning standalone DAQ system, need to work on integration in rest of experiment
- TLU to Krakow. Check overall system in view of next beam tests (beware of SEU)
- Slow control to be discussed another time.
Scintillator screens and cameras
- Online data reduction? run time per event? as in note (Background: merging images, Signal: just expected regions, i.e. zero suppression. Compression algorithms).
- Store reco energy instead of image? would allow significant gains, but would preclude re-analysis
- Plan to develop EUDAQ-based sw also for test beams (keep in mind not all test beams sites have TLUs)
- EUDAQ example received - no efforts yet
- Possible synergy with gamma profiler (CAEN FERS)
- No representatives at the meeting
- Janus for linux "coming soon'? release exists not completely bug free (release maybe by the end of the year)
- more support QUB2023? likely (fraction of?) student
- If required, need to plan moving of TLUs. (test beam in ELBE, CLEAR, … No TLUs there.)
- Also use CAEN FERS 5200 as discussed in Cherenkov system. Synergy ?