The venue of GISAXS 2019 workshop will be Deutsches Elektronen Synchrotron DESY.
Lectures will take place at:
FLASH Seminarroom; Bldg. 28c, 2nd floor
The tutorials will take place at:
Seminar room 456; Bldg. 25f, 4th floor and
Seminar room 109; Bldg. 25b, 1st floor
Preparation of the training sessions
In order to facilitate and prepare the tutorials, we would like to ask you to already install the desired software packages. We would also like to ask you to bring your own laptop/notebook.
The training data are accessible via the website (password needed, access only for participants of GISAXS2019)
DESY, Notkestrasse 85, 22607 Hamburg
Universität Hamburg, Luruper Chaussee 149, 22761 Hamburg
The Side entrance is opened for motorists from Monday to Friday 06:00 to 19:00, and closed on weekends. It is accessible to pedestrians and cyclists constantly, although after 19:00 you will need to ring the bell next to the gate and state your destination to the porter via the intercom.
How to reach DESY from Hamburg Airport
- Take S-Bahn line S 1 (direction Wedel) to S-Bahn station “Othmarshen” - traveling time approx. 25 min, continue on foot - leave the S-Bahn station “Othmarschen” at the Waitzstrasse exit, turn right at the bottom of the stairs, turn left onto Waitzstrasse, turn right onto Gross Flottbeker Strasse and follow that road directly to DESY - walking time approx. 25 min.
- Optional: taxi, traveling time approx. 15-20 min. (longer in heavy traffic)
How to reach DESY from Hamburg Altona Station (Railway Station)
- Take bus line M2 (direction Schenefeld Mitte) directly to the DESY side entrance (bus stop Luruper Chaussee DESY) - traveling time approx. 25 min.
- Optional: taxi - traveling time approx. 15 min.
How to reach DESY by car
- Exit the Autobahn (A7) at HH-Bahrenfeld. Arriving in Hamburg from the South: turn left onto the main road (Osdorfer Weg). Arriving in Hamburg from the North: turn right onto the main road (Osdorfer Weg). After approx. 1.5 km, turn right onto Notkestraße. The DESY main entrance is the second road on the left.
Travel information and campus map