The Science@FELs 2020 conference, the first online Science@FELs, was accompanied by a small number of focus tutorials led by eminent FEL scientists and specifically addressing younger members of the FEL community. The tutorials introduced hot topics in the field of FEL science with larger depth than usually possible in conference talks. Based on the very positive reception of these tutorials, Fels of Europe will start a regular online tutorial series inviting distinguished scholars in the field.
The tutorials will take place on the below given dates at 17:00 (CET).
They will be recorded and all registered participants will be able to access them here (left hand navigation) within 2-3 days after the event.
- 1 March 2021 - Giorgio Margaritondo (EPFL) : "FEL basics, generation and applications"
- 3 May 2021 - Jon Marangos (Blackett Laboratory Extreme Light Consortium, Imperial College London): "X-rays for Few to Sub-Femtosecond Measurements"
- 5 July 2021 - Jos Oomens (Radboud University, FELIX Laboratory): "FEL based infrared ion spectroscopy: new opportunities in physical and analytical chemistry”
- 6 September 2021 - Nina Rohringer (DESY): tba
- 4 October 2021 - Anders Nilsson (Stockholm University):tba
- 8 November 2021 - Francesca Calegari (DESY): tba