The Science@FELs 2020 conference, the first online Science@FELs, was accompanied by a small number of focus tutorials led by eminent FEL scientists and specifically addressing younger members of the FEL community. The tutorials introduced hot topics in the field of FEL science with larger depth than usually possible in conference talks. Based on the very positive reception of these tutorials, Fels of Europe has started a regular online tutorial series inviting distinguished scholars in the field.
We try to regularly hold it on the first Monday of every other month.
The tutorials will usually be recorded.
Registered participants can access the recordings on this page (left hand navigation) within 4-5 days after the event, publication will be announced via email to all registered participants.
- 1 March 2021 - Giorgio Margaritondo (EPFL) : "FEL basics, generation and applications"
- 3 May 2021 - Jon Marangos (Blackett Laboratory Extreme Light Consortium, Imperial College London): "X-rays for Few to Sub-Femtosecond Measurements"
- 5 July 2021 - Jos Oomens (Radboud University, FELIX Laboratory): "FEL based infrared ion spectroscopy: new opportunities in physical and analytical chemistry”
- 6 September 2021 - Nina Rohringer (DESY): "Stimulated X-Ray Emission – Opportunities for new x-ray sources and nonlinear spectroscopy"
- 4 October 2021 - Anders Nilsson (Stockholm University): "X-ray Spectroscopy for Surface and Water Science"
- 8 November 2021 - Francesca Calegari (DESY): "Attosecond technology to trace electron dynamics in matter"
- 31 January 2022 - Elspeth Garman (University of Oxford): "Quantifying absorbed dose for samples in XFEL experiments: an aid to determining radiation-damage-free structures"
- 4 April 2022 - Jens Biegert (ICFO, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Barcelona): "Prospects with attosecond technology and ultrafast x-rays"
- 13 June 2022 - Gianluca Geloni (European XFEL): "X-Ray Free Electron Lasers: from Self-Amplified Spontaneous Emission to Advanced Modes of Operation"
- 5 September 2022 - tba
- 7 November 2022 - tba
- 6 February 2023 - tba
- 3 April 2023 - tba
- 5 June 2023 - tba
- 4 September 2023 - tba
- 6 November 2023 - tba