The Science@FELs 2020 conference, the first online Science@FELs, was accompanied by a small number of focus tutorials led by eminent FEL scientists and specifically addressing younger members of the FEL community. The tutorials introduced hot topics in the field of FEL science with larger depth than usually possible in conference talks. Based on the very positive reception of these tutorials, Fels of Europe has started a regular online tutorial series inviting distinguished scholars in the field.
The tutorials will take place every first Monday of the month at 17:00 (CET) (except for a summer break) and will be recorded.
Registered participants can access the recordings on this page (left hand navigation) within 2-3 days after the event.
Please, note: The tutorial given by Nina Rohringer was not recorded.
- 1 March 2021 - Giorgio Margaritondo (EPFL) : "FEL basics, generation and applications"
- 3 May 2021 - Jon Marangos (Blackett Laboratory Extreme Light Consortium, Imperial College London): "X-rays for Few to Sub-Femtosecond Measurements"
- 5 July 2021 - Jos Oomens (Radboud University, FELIX Laboratory): "FEL based infrared ion spectroscopy: new opportunities in physical and analytical chemistry”
- 6 September 2021 - Nina Rohringer (DESY): "Stimulated X-Ray Emission – Opportunities for new x-ray sources and nonlinear spectroscopy"
- 4 October 2021 - Anders Nilsson (Stockholm University): "X-ray Spectroscopy for Surface and Water Science"
- 8 November 2021 - Francesca Calegari (DESY): tba